Tuesday, October 31, 2006

THE TRUTH by INUA PHAZE ELLAMS



The only lies I tell
are the beautiful ones.



In such lucid lumberings I met a beggar
with scarred pupils and glue bound wrists
that loop-holed rain kissed palms together.

Flapping like flags
I approached my beggar bearing bags
wiped her brow with my lying lips
and lay my bags by her feet.

In a secret devoid of heat
she picked past my scabs
side stepped my boulders
and said in plain speak:

“I have felt the swaying of the elephant’s shoulders
and watched a tilting curfew the moon in sail
have railed revolutions in the fronts of fighters
from my history I come thus, gloriously scathed.

these are the scars I carry” she said
“Gold is not worth my wounds
you are yet to parry with fate’s shoot
for restless lies the ranger in you”

6 Comments:

Blogger George Bezerra said...

Tá tudo bem por aí? Beijão.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Curti o post...Loco esse texto.
E me diz uma coisa...Nova Zelândia é bacana? hehhehee
bjs

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi Lindona!!!!
Q saudades suas!
Fui no show do Black Eyed Peas em Sampa e foi divino vc ia amar!!!!!
Saudades linda!
Volta logo!
Bjos,
Fli

7:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dá pra atualizar o blog???
beijooooooooooooooo

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut Mon Ange!!!!!!
Je te manque!!!

Viu tenho historias engraçadas pra te contar hahah mto sinistras!!
E outra, ve se me manda notícias!

Beijos da sua irmã, esposa, amiga, tudo!!!!!!

Gi

5:55 PM  
Blogger FAU said...

Agora tb tenho um blog!
Entra lá!Bjos,
Fli

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home